Monday, July 11, 2011

Sports Camp, Birthday and Anniversary

I love July. One its my birthday and Two its our anniversary. If you forgot any one of those we forgive you lol

I have had my camera in Thomas Car since the fourth and have needed desperately to upload pictures and blog.

Isaiah had a blast during his sports camp. I have nightmares about leaving him I have no idea why? Maybe the unknown of leaving him with totally strangers. But it was one girl coach and boy coach. It was also at a near by middle school where other friends have been to so I wasn't so scared. Isaiah had 3 girls there and about 5 boys ranging from 4-6. Isaiah was the oldest with about 3 others. He would come home talking about all these sports lingo. And if you know me I have NONE; By choice - I may have to learn a a little since I do have 3 boys in the house!!!

Poor Isaiah was called "issac" all the time and he would say I like that name too. Gees my child is so chill.

Isaiah loved to play basketball and said, "when can I dunk,?" CUTEST EVER

I was not a fan of the girls on the team and its not what you think, it was because they acted so prissy, BLAH. I may be a little sexist when it come to certain sports at this age. UNLESS YOUR CHILD IS A SPORTY TYPE DON'T PUSH IT. The poor girl would be dressed all cutsie and wouldn't want to play at times. ( waste a money if you tell me)

Our fourth of July was in Mo-Town and was spent with alot of family. I've seen more of Thomas family  than Thomas has so it was a no brainer that we go there. ha ha

We had a ton of yummy food and of course lets Thomas see how his kids act in public when he isn't around. ha ha

We celebrated my birthday on sat (since it was my bday) and I had a great day. I was able to get a free brow wax at ulta and free burger at Red Robin.

On Sunday Thomas had to speak on Sunday and was quite nervous this was the second time he has spoken. He did such a great job. I wish I could have recorded the faces of so many people as they sat there and listened. I had sat on the same row of a neighbor friend and her and her hubby kept the boys quiet. Carter did have one incident that crawled 4 rows from where we were. Those darn kiddos. After that he was so good and always Isaiah behaved. :0)

For a spiritual message read along, his topic was Resisting Satans Tempations:

Good Morning Brother and Sisters, it is a pleasure to be with you this Sabbath Day. I am grateful for the opportunity, to deliver prepared thoughts to you today. I know that this is an inspired assignment for me. I hope and pray the Spirit to be with me.
As some of you know, I am a convert to the LDS faith. About 5 years ago, I was in a deep dark place in my life. I had no direction, no structure to speak of, no understanding of how to say no or stay strong. I feel like I knew right from wrong and had common sense, but rarely used it. I felt weak, easily persuaded, and I was a child of God that had no knowledge, and had been lead astray by the different and diverse temptations that Satan attacks the world with.
Even with the many bad decisions I made, I still had a good heart, I was polite and respectful to most people, and tried to show my friends and family my love for them. Looking back throughout my life, I feel like my life has been a constant battle between good and evil. This struggle between good and evil is a foundational theme that is played out in many of the stories within the scriptures. We know so much about the divine love, tremendous mercy and eternal plan that was brought forth by Jesus Christ in the pre-mortal existence. We also know that there an opposing plan by Satan, that didn’t allow for free agency to be an option during our earthly existence. Of course, Satan’s plan was not what Heavenly Father envisioned for his spirit children. Satan then rebelled against Heavenly Father and was cast down with those who chose his plan.
President Marion G Romney described Satan as “a powerful personage of spirit, the archenemy of God, of man, and of righteousness.” Understanding that he lives and continually strives to disrupt, destroy, and interfere with all that is good, is the first step to knowing how to overcome his deceptions. A scripture that supports this is found in 2 Nephi 28:22
22 And behold, others he flattereth away, and telleth them there is no hell; and he saith unto them: I am no devil, for there is none—and thus he whispereth in their ears, until he grasps them with his awful chains, from whence there is no deliverance. 2 Nephi 28:22
Satan failed with his plan to destroy our agency in the premortal council, however if he can get us to misuse our agency, then he can still destroy our souls. Also he tries to downplay his existence, attempting to make the need to prepare ourselves for his tactics overlooked. We all need to be prepared for the Adversary. Elder Ray L. Christiansen identified some of Satan’s tactics: “Satan knows all the tricks. He knows where we are susceptible to temptations and how to entice us to do evil. He and his messengers suggest evil, minimize the seriousness of sin, and make evil inviting.” Published in New Era, July 1975. I found a few simple things to keep us guarded against temptations.
First, DECIDE before any temptations are actually posed to you that you can and will resist.
Second, PRAY that you can avoid temptation and uncomfortable situations. If you are tempted, you will then have the power and faith to resist.
Third, LISTEN TO THE HOLY GHOST. By being baptized and receiving the Holy Ghost, the Holy Ghost can then keep us close to the Lord, helps us choose the right and can protect us.
As I first began to read the Book of Mormon while investigating the Church, I couldn’t help notice the amount of scripture that talked about wars and battles. Tremendous detail went into preparation and battle tactics. For a person who had never read scripture before and loving history class in school I found it to be really interesting, although I didn’t quite grasp the meaning behind these detailed accounts. Recently thinking about my personal lifelong good and evil battle and this talk, allowed me to make this connection. The Nephites , in The Book of Alma were fairly righteous represented the good, and the Saints our day, trying to protect themselves and their families. The Lamanites, who were wicked during these times represented the evil and Satan. Reading this made me know that the Book of Mormon is for us today! This battle is raging on today brothers and sisters. This is an eternal war, for souls, and for complete families! Satan is waging an all-out war against truth and righteousness. His forces are everywhere, and we are involved in that war whether we like it or not. The danger is real, and the stakes are high. All around us we see the battle casualties, their lives ruined and their souls scarred. If we expect to avoid becoming casualties ourselves, we desperately need the Lord’s guidance.

Just as the Nephite armies prepared for battle, we can prepare for our spiritual battle.  (Ephesians. 6:11) reads“Put on the whole armour of God. That ye may be able stand against the wiles of the devil.” Later in this chapter the scriptures tell about having on our Breastplate of Righteousness, taking our Shield of Faith, Helmet of Salvation and the Sword of the Spirit. Satan has a difficult time conquering an individual protected by this armor. Satan will usually focus his attack on our weakest parts, waiting for a major attack on our souls after our defenses crumble.
We cannot under estimate the power of Satan. Countless times in our scriptures the Savior was tempted by the Devil. Of course we know that he was the only perfect person to ever walk on this Earth. Joseph Smith, while not perfect was a tremendous example to all during his time and after. I love the story of Joseph Smith. I was confused just like him to try to find the truth and guidance. During one of the most pivotal moments in our church history, Joseph was tempted by Satan. In Joseph Smith-History 1:15-16 it reads:  
15 After I had retired to the place where I had previously designed to go, having looked around me, and finding myself alone, I kneeled down and began to offer up the desires of my heart to God. I had scarcely done so, when immediately I was seized upon by some power which entirely overcame me, and had such an astonishing influence over me as to bind my tongue so that I could not speak. Thick darkness gathered around me, and it seemed to me for a time as if I were doomed to sudden destruction.
 16 But, exerting all my powers to call upon God to deliver me out of the power of this enemy which had seized upon me, and at the very moment when I was ready to sink into despair and abandon myself to destruction—not to an imaginary ruin, but to the power of some actual being from the unseen world, who had such marvelous power as I had never before felt in any being—just at this moment of great alarm, I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me.
Little Joseph was about to change the world and Satan knew it. Satan used everything he could to prevent that prayer, that connection to occur between Heavenly Father, his son Jesus Christ, and Joseph. But only God had the power and love to deliver Joseph from safety, just like us.

Brothers and Sisters, I know of the reality of Satan, his purposes, and his temptations can help us recognize his tactics and resist them. Being very imperfect, and fighting Satan myself, I know that the armor of God helps each of us fight on the righteous side for what we know to be true and good. I am very grateful for Joseph Smith and the knowledge of the fully restored gospel that has been brought forth in these latter days. I am grateful for this wonderful ward family whom we have grown to love, and all those to help run this ward especially the work of our Bishop. Lastly I am grateful for my wife, who was bold enough to give a worldly man, A Book of Mormon, her testimony and allow me decide if it was true. I leave this message and my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

I am quite proud of Thomas and how far he has come. Thomas is so spiritual when he needs to be. Thomas had received a ton of compliments on sunday. I am a happy with it was a great birthday gift.  

Here are the pics now.

Playing basketball


 Waiting to be picked up

 Oh how handsome
 Chillin watchin Isaiah
 Wacky Wednesday - mis matching socks and backward shirt and inside out jacket.
Love his Smile.
 Huddle Time
 So cute.
 Got a participation award. 
 I am one happy mom.
 4th of july.
Love my family.

 Love him with all my heart.

 With this new wonderful weather - I am determined to 
teach isaiah how to swim and ride his bike. 
Great Bystander. hehe

I can't wait for this week as me and Thomas celebrate our 3 year anniversary. Love you babe.

3 comments:

  1. What a neat post! You guys are awesome. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a good one. Isaiah totally has your smile. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha thanks.It's been a good past 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy (late) birthday and anniversary!

    ReplyDelete